Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

How do I change thr bank account where my monthly benefits

Customer Question

how do I change thr bank account where my monthly benefits are deposited?
Category: Social Security
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
How do I change my bank account where my monthly benefits are deposited? Also, how do i change my address?
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 10 months ago.

Good morning, you will want to go to ssa.gov/myaccount

From there, you can create a passworded account and after doing so, you can change your direct deposit, mailing address, etc. I would urge you to NOT close your old account until you see the money going into the new one. Otherwise, you may suffer what others have - your moneys are send to the old closed bank, who then returns it to the SSA, and it takes MONTHS to fight with the SSA to get it back. Just avoid that by waiting.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!