Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

I am age 63, ssn statement says monthly benefit will be

Customer Question

I am age 63, ssn statement says monthly benefit will be 2000.00 per month. If I retire this year after making 50000.00 what will monthly ssn be rest of this year, and next year per month? Next year I will only earn retirement benefits
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 10 months ago.

For the year you start collecting (and remember it won't be your full amount, but a reduced amount for collecting early), you can collect a benefit for any month you earn below the monthly special limit. The next year, you collect all months in the monthly amount due you. See here https://faq.ssa.gov/link/portal/34011/34019/Article/3740/What-is-the-special-rule-about-earnings-in-the-first-year-of-retirement

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!