Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

How will H.R. 1314 affect my social security retirement

Customer Question

How will H.R. 1314 affect my social security retirement benefits
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

Unless you are interested in a "file and suspend" or a restricted application that deal with spousal benefits then probably not. Those already taking advantage of this loophole will be grandfathered in until it goes into effect on may 1, 2016. You will not be able to suspend your benefit and take a spousal benefit and will have to take the higher of your retirement benefit or spousal benefit and cannot gain credits while you suspend your benefit in simplistic terms.

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer as it is the only way I will be compensated for my time by the site.