Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

I will be apply security disablity. i will recieve a pension

Customer Question

i will be apply for social security disablity. i will recieve a pension of $170 a month after my employer takes out for health ins and life ins. how will that figure against social security disablity. and yes i have pain in my quaters and have recieved a routine letter stating if i became disabled at this age i would draw aprox $1600 in social security disablity
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 10 months ago.

Hi, my name is***** and I am here to assist you. I am a social security attorney in my private practice – that is ALL I do. Please let me know that my post here is coming through for you by typing a quick reply.

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
What is the answer?

Be right with you.

Is your employer a government agency, or commercial company?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Goverment va hospital

OK, and did that employer take SS taxes out of all your paychecks?

Customer: replied 10 months ago.
I have need received an answer to my question
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
Not received
Customer: replied 10 months ago.
they took out ss

OK, the Windfall Elimination Provision, ONLY applies if the government pension you receive is based on government paycheck where SS was NOT withheld. But since you did pay SS taxes on that income the created your government pension, there will be no WEP reduction applied to your SS benefit.

Incidentally, if you have not retained a focused SSD attorney for your SSD claim, you may be reducing your chances of success on your claim. SSA is extremely tight (and some would say, hostile) in terms of granting, as there has been an apparent administrative push to cut number of awards being issued by a potential 2/3 or so. Huge. As such, if you would like to discuss your case, and potentially use a lawyer that concentrates solely on building solid claims and making them a strong as possible, I will ask that an 'additional services' link be provided you, at your option. If you choose to use it, I will provide you with an included phone consultation, so you can learn more and possibly use representation. I will add that representation does not require a retainer, and lawyers typically work free unless and until they win your case, at which point the SSA decides on an approved discounted fee that is pays from back benefits.

I hope this helps! My goal is toprovide you with excellent and accurateservice – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, Iam happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent"when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, shouldyou have legal questions. Be sure tostart future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" ifyou want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!

Hello again. It is Stephanie Joy,checking back with you. It is month end for my office accounting - Please,if you haven't yet had the opportunity to do either of the items below, I ask that you do so now, because it is the only way I can receive credit for time spent with you. Please:

1) Follow up if clarification is needed on our above interaction/Q&A, OR

2) Rate me highly if we are finished for the time being.

If there's more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance. It's my goal to provide you with excellent service- to make sure I answered the question you asked about. Please rate me highly and provide me with feedback. And thanks for understanding how we receive credit from the Site for contributing our time here!

Sincerely,

Stephanie O. Joy, Esq. – Your Online Legal Professional