PDtax
PDtax, CPA firm owner
Experience:  35 years tax and professional advice in all matters money
64119565

I just called my local SS office to inquire about receiving

Customer Question

Customer: Hello! I just called my local SS office to inquire about receiving Higher benefit
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: just need to know if MY deceased husband's would a higher amt for since I am no longer working. When I first applied the rep told that I would probably received if I did not work full time...the local office just now told me that I would still be getting the same mount......so now don't know what to think?? I am 64 my benefit is nothing compared to hid...help..???
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Social Security Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Sure what why not???:)
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  PDtax replied 10 months ago.

Hi from just answer. I'm PDtax. Thanks for asking for me.

Expert:  PDtax replied 10 months ago.

Calling the social security phone number can get a general answer, and although well meaning, you need a specific answer about your benefits.

I suggest you go to a local social security office and have a case worker review your wage record and your deceased husband's account. If a bigger benefit is available, you can process the paperwork while you are there.

This is the best resolution I can suggest. I hope you go and get the best benefit you are entitled to. Good luck.

Thanks for asking at just answer. Positive feedback is appreciated. I'm PDtax.