LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

I need a form (or whatever) to complete to have an SSA

Customer Question

I need a form (or whatever) to complete to have an SSA Disability monthly check sent
to a new bank account. The Disabled person is my daughter and she is moving to an
Assisted Living facility the end of January. A new bank account has been opened for her
in Interlachen, Florida at the CenterState Bank.
Please tell me how to get this direct deposit changed to the new bank.
Thank you.
Jean Russell (###) ###-####
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon Jean,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

If your daughter is already are receiving benefits, you can create a My Social Security Online Account and start or change Direct Deposit online. If she doesn’t already have an account, you can easily create one. You can open your own social security online account and see your earnings statement, estimated retirement benefit, change bank accounts and much more, in about 15 minutes through this site: http://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

If you are already receiving Social Security and or Supplemental Security Income benefits through direct deposit, then you may change the account the deposit is posted to by calling 1 (800) SSA-1213(1-***-***-****). The representative will be able to assist you in getting the change made to your account.

Finally, you may also visit your local social security office and make the change.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Thank you for the information. I will use the phone number to get the bank account changed.
I am sorry I lost the communication that we started with.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your kind words Jean. They are appreciated.

Please understand that in order for me to be compensated for having helped you, I need for you to positively rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars---three stars or more. It is that easy.

Thanks in advance.

I wish you the best,

Doug