LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

My disability check came on the 31st of December rather than

Customer Question

My disability check for January came on the 31st of December rather than in January and this affected by Medical approval. Why was the check for January provided in December?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Quite simply, SSI makes your normal payment on the first of the month. However, when the first falls on a weekend or federal holiday, the payment posts to your account the last non-holiday weekday before the 1st of the following month.

Here is a link to the benefit payment calendar for 2015: http://govassistance.blogspot.com/p/latest-social-security-benefit-payment.html

And here is a payment calendar for 2016: https://www.ssa.gov/pubs/EN-05-10031.pdf

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug