ShawnA
ShawnA, SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS , Decades of experience helping clients..
Experience:  SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience helping clients..
15641319

I moved to Canada Nov 25 2015. Notified social security of

Customer Question

I moved to Canada Nov 25 2015. Notified social security of change to deposit checks in Canadian bank. I returned to Florida Jan 6th 2016 to stay. Called local St Petersburg office to inform them of change and to deposit checks back in my Florida bank. Girl was very rude and said nothing had changed and checks were being sent to me by mail. Please check for me. My SS # *****###-##-#### Thanks ***** *****
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 11 months ago.

Hi Shirley, the SSA does not let OTHER people, such as me or anyone else, gather information from the SSA about your personal SS information. However, I can get for you the method you can use to change to direct deposit online, so you need not rely on calling the SSA and getting a clerk on the phone who may be less than reliable in processing your request. Let m know if you want me to get those directions for you.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Will it cost me more money?

No, I would just ask that you provide a positive rating, but if you have already deposited here, I believe that would be all.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I will go to the local office. thanks
Expert:  ShawnA replied 10 months ago.

I can walk you through an online SS account setup where you can make the direct deposit information effective. I'll offer you a call.

Expert:  ShawnA replied 10 months ago.

How else can I help you? Thanks