Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

How to apply spouse benfits

Customer Question

how to apply spouse benfits
Category: Social Security
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
My husband PASS AWAY TODAY
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
hOW DO APPLY SPOUSE BENFIT
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

Per the Social Security website: https://ssa.gov/planners/survivors/ifyou2.html

"If you are the widow or widower of a person who worked long enough under Social Security, you can:

(1) receive full benefits at full retirement age for survivors or reduced benefits as early as age 60.

(2) begin receiving benefits as early as age 50 if you are disabled AND the disability started before or within seven years of the worker's death.

A widow, widower or surviving divorced spouse cannot apply online for survivors benefits. If you wish to apply for disability benefits as a survivor, contact Social Security at 1-***-***-**** to request an appointment. (If you are deaf or hard of hearing, call our TTY number, 1-***-***-****.)

You can speed up the disability application process if you complete an Adult Disability Report and have it available at the time of your appointment."

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer as it is the only way I will be compensated for my time by the site.

Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 10 months ago.

Just checking back in, do you have any further questions?