Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

There is on internet a newsletter purporting that seniors

Customer Question

There is on internet a newsletter purporting that seniors can get $4K a month in addition to what they are getting now and that this availability will end sometime in April. Tell me how to get that benefit now. I am 77 years old.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 11 months ago.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

I can't be 100% sure but I believe they are talking about the "file and suspend" loophole. Normally, your spouse can only start the spouse's benefit after you start your own benefit. There's an important exception called "file and suspend," but it only applies after you attain your retirement age normally 66. In this instance, you can file for your own benefits and then immediately suspend them. That allows your spouse to start the spouse's benefit, while your benefit earns delayed retirement credits. So what they are talking about is this process and the loophole that will close in May of this year. It can allow you or your spouse to gain valuable credits to your ss benefit which can add up to a lot of extra money which is why they are closing the loophole in the first place,

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied.

I see you have reviewed my answer, do you have any further questions? If not, please positively rate my answer (there should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 next to my answer, a good or excellent rating would be fantastic) as that is the only way I will be compensated by the site for my work. This will not cost you anything extra and this extra step would be appreciated.

Any chance for a positive rating?