dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

Human? ***** ***** Kellar. I have not received my Medicare

Customer Question

Customer: Human? ***** ***** Kellar. I have not received my Medicare card after being told I would receive it in Oct. Turned 65 on 12/13/15. Eleven calls, 11 different answers. I am very frustrated!
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: As in?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Social Security Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: A short time. I am willing to do anything at this point.
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Social Security
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Email, please. I submitted my land line.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Is anyone here? I'm not going to wait much longer.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No help. Cancelling charge. Goodbye!
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Hi, my name is***** and I am here to assist you this morning. I understand that there were not SS lawyers available to assists you last night, given the late hour of your post. I am sorry about that, I generally work during the day and sleep at night. In any event, I am in the office for several hours today, before I leave for an afternoon appointment, and I can explain how you can re-order your Medicare card without having to sit on hold with the SSA. If you'd like to do that, let me now.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Read my original question again. No where do I mention REORDER. And don't charge me.

You indicate you had a conversation about your Medicare card. That implies that you ordered one, which we do when we sign up for Medicare. In fact, we generally don't get it if we don't order it. And when we sign up we are ordering a card, because we can't typically USE our Medicare coverage if we don't have a CARD to present when we see our medical providers.

If you didn't, well, then why did the person tell you you'd receive a Medicare card? Typically, such information is not simply hanging off the tree limbs. I sought to assist you but I see that there is some hostility and perhaps that has something to do with your lack of success in gaining or understanding the 11 different answers you indicate you have receive so far with 11 different phone calls. Since you are having difficulty understanding that I am here to help you, not to be treated rudely, I will opt out so that if anyone here has a sufficient desire to step into the line of fire and help you, they may. If not, I do wish you the best of success in getting your Medicare card, although I will not be providing directions to you for doing so without using your phone. Good day and happy New Year.