LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

Dear Sirs. I receive my social services benefit check of

Customer Question

Dear Sirs. I receive my social services benefit check of $889.90 at my old address. May I ask you to send it to my new address which is ** ********* *****
Please reply as soon as possible. Thanks. Mrs. Fatemeh ***********
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon Fatemeh,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent sIn order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.ervice today.

1. Are you referring to your SSI (Supplemental Security Income) monthly benefit award? If not, what benefit check are you referring to? I have never heard of a social services benefit check.

Doug

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I am referring to SS payment
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Good morning,

If you already are receiving benefits, you can create a My Social Security Online Account and notify social security of a change of address. If you don’t already have an account, you can easily create one. You can open your own social security online account and see your earnings statement, estimated retirement benefit, change bank accounts, change your address and much more, in about 15 minutes through this site: http://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

If you are already receiving Social Security and or Supplemental Security Income benefits through direct deposit, then you may change the account the deposit is posted to, or the address to which your payment is sent, by calling 1 (800) SSA-1213(1-***-***-****). The representative will be able to assist you in getting the change made to your account.

Finally, you may also visit your local social security office and make the change.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2016,

Doug

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I do want to receive my check of United States Treasury at my new address. Fatemeh
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Is this clear?
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Hi Fatemeh,

Yes, you are crystal clear. Do you understand though that I do not work for Social Security and you must ask social security to change the address they have for you so that your check can go to your new address?

There are 3 ways to notify social security of your address change:

1. If you already are receiving benefits, you can create a My Social Security Online Account and notify social security of a change of address. If you don’t already have an account, you can easily create one. You can open your own social security online account and see your earnings statement, estimated retirement benefit, change bank accounts, change your address and much more, in about 15 minutes through this site: http://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

2. If you are already receiving Social Security and or Supplemental Security Income benefits through direct deposit, then you may change the account the deposit is posted to, or the address to which your payment is sent, by calling 1 (800) SSA-1213(1-***-***-****). The representative will be able to assist you in getting the change made to your account.

3. Finally, you may also visit your local social security office and make the change.

Please keep in mind that, even though you have already paid your deposit money over to JustAnswer, until you rate me highly for my service, I will not be paid for having assisted you with your questions.

You may of course reply back to me and I will be happy to continue to assist you further.

I wish you well,

Doug