LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

Does ss cover 24 hour home health aide

Customer Question

does ss cover 24 hour home health aide
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of the situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

While Medicare will cover some in-home therapy and medical cared ordered by a physician following a stay in a hospital or a nursing home, there is no provision under social security regulations to pay for tradition in-home 24 hour nursing care or companion care. Those expenses are expected to be borne by the patient and/or the patient's family members.

If this is not possible because of financial constraints, then you may want to consider placement in a nursing home which will then be covered by Medicaid in a vast majority of circumstances.

I understand that you may be disappointed by the Answer you received, as it was not particularly favorable to your situation. Had I been able to provide an Answer which might have given you a successful legal outcome, it would have been my pleasure to do so.

If you have additional questions, you may of course reply back to me and I will be happy to continue to assist you further until your questions have been answered to your satisfaction.

Would you please take a moment to positively rate my service to you based on the understanding of the law I provided by clicking on the rating stars---three stars or more. It is that easy. That is the way I am compensated for having helped you.

Thank you in advance. I wish you the best in your future,

Doug