ShawnA
ShawnA, SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS , Decades of experience helping clients..
Experience:  SS Expert, CPA, Professor, CFP. CGMA, Business Consultant, Professor, PFS I have decades of experience helping clients..
15641319

Can my federal,county social security and state pension be

Customer Question

can my federal,county social security and state pension be garnished for outstand debt
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 11 months ago.

This is the Social Security section, and I can address garnishment with regard to that source of income, if you'd like. Your other assets and income you would have to address via an expert in those particular areas. Would you like me to continue?

Expert:  ShawnA replied 11 months ago.

Your Social Security cannot be garnished, HOWEVER, they CAN garnish it if it goes into a bank account in your name. You can have it sent to a prepaid debit card and "perhaps" avoid garnishment (if they garnish one, get a new one and kit will take time for them to garnish that card). I'll offer you a call.