LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

I have received mail regarding some new changes that may

Customer Question

I have received mail regarding some new changes that may be in effect now TO QUALIFY FOR ss, that were not effective before OR after 1969 (I'm not really sure what this is all about) but I filled out the questionair and could not enter the age I am currently because the scale they had, didn't go back far back enough on the high lighted scale. so the application wouldn't go through. What could I do further at this point ???? My age now is 85 and when my husband passed away in 2008, I did apply for HIS social security but was denied at that time because I had to much money. I was a postmaster at the time he retired and my own ss record didn't show enough points to apply for just my own. Will you please help me understand what I need to know now, about this NEW situation ? Sincerely, Wanda ****** ([email protected]

Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Are you receiving a postal retirement benefit?

Thanks in advance,

Doug