LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

How do I apply soc security benefits? I just turned 65 and

Customer Question

How do I apply for spousal soc security benefits? I just turned 65 and do not receive my own ss yet but wish to apply for my ex husband's benefits
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

You can apply for an ex-spouse benefit by either applying online, or by calling or going to your local social security office. You will need a copy of your marriage license, your divorce decree and both of your social security numbers. Here is a link that explains this process:

https://www.socialsecurity.gov/forms/ssa-2.html

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in the coming New Year,

Doug