LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

How do I apply soc security benefits? I just turned 65 and

Customer Question

How do I apply for spousal soc security benefits? I just turned 65 and do not receive my own ss yet but wish to apply for my ex husband's benefits
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

You can apply for an ex-spouse benefit by either applying online, or by calling or going to your local social security office. You will need a copy of your marriage license, your divorce decree and both of your social security numbers. Here is a link that explains this process:

https://www.socialsecurity.gov/forms/ssa-2.html

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in the coming New Year,

Doug