Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

I am a 100% disabled Viet Nam vet and am currently drawing

Customer Question

I am a 100% disabled Viet Nam vet and am currently drawing Social Security. Do I qualify for a different amount due to my injuries and war experience?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 11 months ago.

Good morning,

Social Security doesn't pay more based on vet status or the cause of the disability, unfortunately. However, if you are service connected disabled, you would want to file a claim with the VA, because you could get paid on that disability while also getting your SS retirement - there is no offset in that instance, typically.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!