Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

Social Security has given me a gher premium Part and

Customer Question

Social Security has given me a higher premium for Medicare Part B and Prescription drug coverage based on my higher income because of 2014 being a one-time higher income (liquidated 401k).
In addition, for the year 2016 my income will be down due to reduced hours and stopping working.
I would like to know what information to include with the 'Request for Reconsideration' and which 'Three Ways to Appeal' I should check: Case Review, Informal Conference or Formal Conference?
Thanks
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

A Reconsideration appeal need NOT be detailed, it is simply a notice that you are appealing if you are unable to request a whole new initial determination. So just fill in the parts it asks for. Explain your life changing event under the reason why you are appealing. I would also pick the "case review" unless you feel like having to show up for a hearing or meeting. I would also file the SSA-44, attached here.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!

Hello again. It is month end -Please, if you haven't yet had the opportunity to do either of the items below, I ask that you do so now, because itis the only way I can receive credit for time spent with you. Please:

1) Follow up if clarification is needed on our above interaction/Q&A, OR

2) Rate me highly if we are finished for the time being.

If there's more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I canbe of further assistance. It's my goal to provide you with excellent service- to make sure I answered the question you asked about. Please rate mehighly and provide me with feedback. And thanks for understanding how we receivecredit from the Site for contributing our time here!

Sincerely,

StephanieO. Joy, Esq. – Your Online Legal Professional