Alexander Haraczka
Alexander Haraczka,
Experience:  Supervisor at Cummings, Lamont & McNamee, PA
20618007

Would like the taxes taken out of my check each month. Who

Customer Question

would like the taxes taken out of my check each month. Who do I contact to have the process done?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Alexander Haraczka replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon and thank you for posing your question regarding withholding of taxes from your social security benefits. My name is Alexander; I'm an EA and am happy to assist you with this issue.

To have taxes withheld from your social security benefits, you need to fill out form W-4V (you can get this from the IRS at www.irs.gov). You'll select the amount you want withheld for Federal income taxes (7, 10, 15 or 25%) and mail it to your local social security office. Alternatively, you can bring it to the office in person.

If any part of my response was unclear, please let me know and I will clarify. If you are satisfied that you've received a prompt and professional response to your question, please be sure to rate me as soon as you're able. Thank you,