Alexander Haraczka
Alexander Haraczka,
Experience:  Supervisor at Cummings, Lamont & McNamee, PA
20618007

I AM 68 AND COLLECT S/S BUT ALSO WORK. I ONLY EARN $13600

Customer Question

I AM 68 AND COLLECT S/S BUT ALSO WORK. I ONLY EARN $13600 PER YEAR. I HAVE BEEN DOING THIS SINCE THE AGE OF 62. I CHECKED MY EARNING RECORD FOR THE BEST 35 YRS WHICH THEY BASED MY SS ON. THER WERE YEARS THAT I ONLY EARNED
$1900 $2100 (WHAT IM TRING TO SAY IS MI EARNED MUCH LESS THAN THE $13000) I FOUND THAT YOU HAVE POSTED THAT IF YOUR EARNINGS IN ANY YEAR ARE GREATER THAN THOSE 35 YRS THAT YOU WILL BE DUE AN INCREASE. SS STATS THAT I AM RECEIVING THE HIGHEST FOR MY INCOME. HOW IS THAT SINCE I HAVE 6 YRS MORE THAN WHAT THEY FIGURED WHEN I WAS 62. I BET IN THE 6 YRS THAT I EARNED OVER $50000 MOR. I AM STILL PAYING SS BUT WITH NO BENEFIT PLEASE EXPLAIN
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Alexander Haraczka replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon, and thank you for your question regarding the calculation of your social security benefits. My name is Alexander; I'm an EA and am happy to assist you with this issue.

Even though you are receiving social security benefits, your account should be reviewed by the SSA every year to determine whether your benefits should increase, due to the fact that you've continued to work. You are under the limit for earnings in 2015 that would cause a decrease in benefits. You'll need to call the SSA at(###) ###-####to let them know your recent earnings have not been reflected in your benefits. Unfortunately, it's not something you can do online. Based on the information you've provided, this would definitely be an error on their part.

If any part of my response was unclear, please let me know and I will clarify; if, however, you feel you've received a prompt and professional response to your question, please be sure to rate me as soon as you're able. Thank you,