dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I have been on social security disabiliity years. I am part

Customer Question

I have been on social security disabiliity for 26 years. I am part owner in a family buisness and was told I could not take anything out of the company. Have I been living like a dog all these years because i was misinformed.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Please explain what you mean when you say "I could not take anything out of the company"? Are you suggesting that you don't even take a salary?

2. What do the other part owners take out for the company? How much per year more than you?

Doug

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was told I could not take a persent of profit or anything.
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

1. Are you performing work in the company on a regular basis, or are you simply an investor in the company.

2. Again, what do the other part owners take out for the company? How much per year more than you?

Doug