LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

My name is ***** ***** French and I was wanted to get info

Customer Question

Customer: My name is ***** ***** French and I was wanted to get info on what age i would be able to collect SS.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well, I 62 years of age and just retired in Nov. of this year.
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Social Security Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

While full retirement age is presently set at 66 years old if you wish to, you may take your benefit as early as age 62. The only difference will be that to make up for the fact that you will be collecting your benefit for a longer time because you are taking it before 66, social security will pay you only 75% of the amount at age 62 that they would pay you monthly if you waited until age 66.

So yes, you may claim your social security retirement benefit as early as age 62.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please understand that in order for me to be compensated for having helped you, I need for you to positively rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars---three stars or more. It is that easy.

Thanks in advance.

I wish you and yours the best this holiday season,

Doug