TaxRobin
TaxRobin, Tax Preparer
Experience:  15+ years in tax preparation and instruction
14155347

I have not received my form showing what I will receive from

Customer Question

I have not received my form showing what I will receive from Social Security
in 2016. Have those notices gone out yet?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.

Hello

No the 1099 has not been sent yet for 2015.

An SSA-1099 is a tax form SSA mails each year in January to people who receive Social Security benefits. It shows the total amount of benefits you received from Social Security in the previous year so you know how much Social Security income to report to IRS on your tax return.

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.

Please advise if you need more information or rating in a positive way is acceptable.

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.

You can get your personal Social Security Statement online by using your my Social Security account. If you don’t yet have an account, you can easily create one. Your onlineStatement gives you secure and convenient access to your earnings records. It also shows estimates for retirement, disability and survivors benefits you and your family may be eligible for.

To set up or use your account to get your online Social Security Statement, go to Sign In Or Create An Account.

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.

SSA also mails Statements to workers attaining ages 25, 30, 35, 40, 45, 50, 55, 60 and older three months prior to their birthday if you don’t receive Social Security benefits and don’t have a my Social Security account. Workers who do not want to wait for their scheduled mailing can request their Social Security Statement by following these instructions. The Statement will arrive by mail in four to six weeks.

Expert:  TaxRobin replied 1 year ago.

I hope I have covered all possible statements you may require from SSA.

Pleas let me know if you need clarification.