dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I Stanfill, would like to know if I am getting benefits thru

Customer Question

I Joyce Stanfill, would like to know if I am getting benefits thru my first Ex Husband, John W. Doble, we were married 26 yrs and divorced in 1984..I would like to know if I am still getting the right amount..Thank you, Joyce
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon Joyce,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Is your ex still living?

2. Have you remarried since starting to receive an ex-spouse benefit from social security based on your ex's earnings?

3. Are you presently remarried?

Doug