Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

Has the cost of the Medicare Prescription Drug premium risen

Customer Question

has the cost of the Medicare Prescription Drug premium risen in the amount of $16.50 per month?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 11 months ago.

Part D depends on your plan AND you income in 2014 (for 2016 premium determination). So different plans costs what they cost (your choice), and then there is an additional cost. Depending on what policy you choose, that is what you play. If your 2014 income is under 85k, you pay no extra. If is more, the additional you pay will be from $12.70 to 72.90, depending on income level. This has gone up from 2015, but only by pennies to a couple of dollars (previously $12.30 to $70.80). If you are seeing an overall increase of $16.40, then, that would mean your plan policy cost has risen, since Medicare itself has not raised any costs to that extent. See here: https://www.medicare.gov/your-medicare-costs/costs-at-a-glance/costs-at-glance.html#collapse-4811

I hope this helps! My goal is toprovide you with excellent and accurateservice – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, Iam happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent"when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, shouldyou have legal questions. Be sure tostart future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" ifyou want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!

Hello again. It is month end -Please, if you haven't yet had the opportunity to do either of the items below, I ask that you do so now, because itis the only way I can receive credit for time spent with you. Please:

1) Follow up if clarification is needed on our above interaction/Q&A, OR

2) Rate me highly if we are finished for the time being.

If there's more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I canbe of further assistance. It's my goal to provide you with excellent service- to make sure I answered the question you asked about. Please rate mehighly and provide me with feedback. And thanks for understanding how we receivecredit from the Site for contributing our time here!

Sincerely,

StephanieO. Joy, Esq. – Your Online Legal Professional