dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I signed up in 2008. At that time my wife also benifited

Customer Question

I signed up for SS in 2008. At that time my wife also benifited for a small amount on my SS, but now I understand that she in entitled to 1/2 of what I receive, but she is only getting $600.00 a month and I am getting 1681.90. Can you help?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This seems like a very crucial matter for you, and your questions and issues suggest that an in-depth conversation might best suit your needs. If you are interested, for a nominal charge I can offer you a phone conference as opposed to continuing in this question and answer thread. Let me know if you don't want a call and I will be happy continue here with an answer for you.

Either way, whether I call you or not, in order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. How old was your wife when she first began taking a spouse benefit?

2. How old were you when you applied for your retirement benefit?

Thanks in advance,

Doug