Christopher B, Esq.
Christopher B, Esq., Attorney
Experience:  associate attorney
84496330

I am on social security disability and my daughter is

Customer Question

I am on social security disability and my daughter is getting some social benefits. her mother is the payee. ineed documentation about how she is getting. how do I get this info
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Christopher B, Esq. replied 1 year ago.

My name is***** and I will be helping you with your question today. This is for informational purposes only and does not establish an attorney client relationship.

You may get someone else's earnings information if you meet one of the following criteria, attach the necessary

documents to show your entitlement to the earnings information and include the appropriate fee.

1. Someone Else's Earnings

The natural or adoptive parent or legal guardian of a minor child, or the legal guardian of a legally declared

incompetent individual, may obtain earnings information if acting in the best interest of the minor child or

incompetent individual. You must include proof of your relationship to the individual with your request. The proof

may include a birth certificate, court order, adoption decree, or other legally binding document.

See link for form for request and instructions:

https://www.socialsecurity.gov/forms/ssa-7050.pdf

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer as it is the only way I will be compensated for my time by the site. (There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 next to my answer, an excellent or good rating would be fantastic.)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you did not answer my question. My ex wife is the custodial parent how do I get information from social security on my daughter when all I am is her biological father and it is my disability which is the source of her social security money. Your response should be in your own words, please do not just quote me a legal phrase. I believe this additional information should not entail another charge since your original response was to vague and not specific Also for the fee the appropriate form should be sent to my e mail from you at no additional charge.

Follow up questions do not cost anything extra. I don't have your email information although I only contact customers through this site. I quoted information from the social security website that I thought you would be interested in. It basically says if you are the legal parent of the minor, you can request information from social security if you are doing so in the child's best interests. You simply have to provide them documentation showing you are the parent by attaching "a birth certificate, court order, adoption decree, or other legally binding document." I then gave you a link of the form you need to make such request.

If this request is not in the best interests of the child (for their benefit) or you are unable to provide proper documentation, then social security will not provide you the information without being the payee. Does that make sense?

Please let me know if you have any further questions and please positively rate my answer if satisfied.

I see you have reviewed my answer, do you have any further questions and did my second answer make sense? If not, if you could please positively rate my answer (There should be smiley faces or numbers from 1-5 next to my answer, an excellent or good rating would be fantastic.) As this is the only way I will be compensated for my time by the site. This will not cost you anything extra and I would really appreciate you taking this extra step.

Any chance for a positive rating?