dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

My son is disabled and in a mental hospital year gmhis check

Customer Question

My son is disabled and in a mental hospital for a year gmhis check is only 30$ a month while he's in there which has been six months now when he gets out will he get the backpay of the 700$ a month we missed out on while he was gone? We are struggling. Thank you
Category: Social Security
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We get 30$ a mom while he's there when he's at home he gets 733$ like his sister and I get 690$ but we pay 1000$ in rent so without his extra 703$ we struggle I have 3 children and no child support so I wonder if when he get out will he get that money back? I'm not trying to be greedy we just don't have a car and we live with family if that alone says anything. Assistance please.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
We have just bee kicked out of my parents house my girls and I we need my sons check to survive will he get back pay. For being in an institution for six months or longer we only get 30$ a mon for him now he normally gets 733$
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I didn't get a response from last nights question. Please help we have no where to go my youngest is 7
Expert:  CGCPA replied 11 months ago.

Unfortunately, you will not receive any retroactive payments for the time in which he is hospitalized. The reason for this is that the government is paying his hospitalization costs. The money he receives is a spending allowance while in the hospital. Sorry.