Alexander Haraczka
Alexander Haraczka,
Experience:  Supervisor at Cummings, Lamont & McNamee, PA
20618007

How do I get A replacment Medicare card?

Customer Question

how do I get A replacment Medicare card?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Alexander Haraczka replied 1 year ago.

Good morning and thank you for submitting your question. My name is Alexander; I'm an EA and am happy to assist you with this issue.

To replace a Medicare card, you will need to go to your local Social Security Office, apply for a new card online at socialsecurity.gov, or call the National Social Security Hotline at(###) ###-#### After providing identifying information (name, social security number and date of birth) you will be able to get a new card.

Please let me know whether any of this is unclear; if I've provided satisfactory service, please be sure to rate me as soon as you're able. Thank you,

Good morning and thank you for posing your question. My name is Alexander; I'm an EA and am happy to assist you with this issue.

If you are eligible to receive spousal benefits (you are currently unmarried, you are 62 or older, your ex-spouse is entitled to benefits, your own benefits are less than your ex-spouses, and you were married for at least 10 years) then you will need to contact the Social Security Administration at(###) ###-#### ***** visit your local office, and tell them you are trying to determine what your ex-spouse's full retirement amount is so you can figure out what your spousal benefits will be. They will have access to your ex-spouse's records; you'd be eligible for up to 1/2 of your ex-spouse's full retirement amount.

Thank you for the opportunity to assist you with this matter; if I have been unclear, please let me know. If I've provided you satisfactory service, please rate me as soon as you're able.