Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

I have my social security check automatic deposit in my bank

Customer Question

I have my social security check automatic deposit in my bank account. I need to change banking info of where to deposit my check...where do I change this?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 11 months ago.

Good morning,

The fastest and most reliable way to do this is by going to www.ssa.gov/myaccount

From there you create your own passworded account with the SSA that allows you into the system to order certain documents and making address and banking changes for direct deposit.

Be sure to NOT close your old account until you see your SS payments going into your new account.

I hope this helps! My goal is toprovide you with excellent and accurateservice – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, Iam happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent"when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, shouldyou have legal questions. Be sure tostart future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" ifyou want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!