LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

If iam 65 yr old drawing my ss and have a lawn service iam i

Customer Question

if iam 65 yr old drawing my ss and have a lawn service iam i limited to making 15700 is that before or after the deductions
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 12 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Your gross income minus actual business expenses is the income amount that will be used to determine if you fall under the threshold for a penalty for earning too much when you are taking early social security benefits.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best this holiday season,

Doug