LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

1 last 2 years I have had a part-time job and paid into SS

Customer Question

1 For the last 2 years I have had a part-time job and paid into SS but have not seen any increase in my check however small it might be.
2. Since there is no increase for next years's SS, will I see an increase in the Medicare premium which would result in a decrease in my check?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Because there is no cost of living increase being given to recipients of social security this year, those receiving social security already will not see any increase in their Medicare premiums either.

As for why you have worked part time and seen no increase---it could be die to a couple of reasons. One, it could be because the past 2 years of your earnings have not been in the top 35 years of earnings. Social Security only looks at your top 35 years. Second, increases are given two years after the year you have additional income---so additional income from 2014 will not show any increase until 2016. If you believe that you are due a small increase and have not received it, check to see that social security has recorded your income for those years and if they have, ask them to recalculate your benefit entitlement.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Please be so kind as to rate my service to you. That is the only way I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best this holiday season,

Doug

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
Doug was very professional, answered my questions
Expert:  LawTalk replied 11 months ago.

Thank you for your kind words. They are appreciated.

Please understand that in order for me to be compensated for having helped you, I need for you to positively rate my service to you by clicking on the rating stars---three stars or more. It is that easy.

Thanks in advance.

I wish you the best,

Doug