LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

Why didn't I receive my ss check yesterday or today?

Customer Question

why didn't I receive my ss check yesterday or today?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 12 months ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm very sorry to hear of your situation. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

While it is rare for a person’s automatic deposit not to be deposited on the day that it is scheduled, it does occasionally happen.

As yesterday was the second Wednesday of the month, it is possible that your bank simply has not credited it to your account yet, and of course you will want to check with them and see if bank computers show it as a pending deposit.

If it is not at least pending---to be credited this evening, because you receive your benefit through automatic deposit, there is something else you can do.

As you normally receive your check by direct deposit, you may report a non-receipt of payment immediately by calling 1-***-***-**** (TTY 1-***-***-****) between 7 a.m. and 7 p.m., Monday through Friday. Social Security will check their records and get the situation straightened out for you.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Kindly, remember to rate my service to you. That is how I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best this holiday season,

Doug