How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3440
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I was married years to my former spouse. recently she died.

Customer Question

I was married for 20 years to my former spouse. recently she died. I want to know if I can get a ss increase. When we were married we had a business that was in her name. I ran the company. when we divoice she got credit for all the income made from the com. Can I receive any credit for ss increase.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and my goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. Are you presently receiving social security benefits?

2. Are you presently married, or are you single?

3. Do you happen to know what amount of social security benefit she was receiving at her death?