Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

Can I transfer my ssd to another state? if so how soon after

Customer Question

Can I transfer my ssd to another state? if so how soon after i start recieving it can i do this?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 12 months ago.

SSD is not state based, so yes, you can go anywhere, certainly within the USA. You are likely getting direct deposit into a bank account. You will want to set up your NEW bank account before you close out the other one, and make sure that your notice to the SSA about changing your direct deposit has taken effect. You can give the notice / request to change DD by going to http://ssa.gov/myaccount

If you have internet troubles, you can also go physically into your local SSA (or any) and advise of the new bank info - AND, you want to advise of your new mailing address, AFTER you officially get it. Remember also, if you have a drivers license, we are typically given about 10 days to change our address on our DL after we move.

I hope this helps! My goal is toprovide you with excellent and accurateservice – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, Iam happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent"when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, shouldyou have legal questions. Be sure tostart future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" ifyou want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!

Hello again. It is month end -Please, if you haven't yet had the opportunity to do either of the items below, I ask that you do so now, because itis the only way I can receive credit for time spent with you. Please:

1) Follow up if clarification is needed on our above interaction/Q&A, OR

2) Rate me highly if we are finished for the time being.

If there's more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I canbe of further assistance. It's my goal to provide you with excellent service- to make sure I answered the question you asked about. Please rate mehighly and provide me with feedback. And thanks for understanding how we receivecredit from the Site for contributing our time here!

Sincerely,

StephanieO. Joy, Esq. – Your Online Legal Professional