Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

I have made 36 contributions to Social Security. To make

Customer Question

I have made 36 contributions to Social Security. To make forty (40) contributions do I have to pay into the system? I left my job because of ill health.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 12 months ago.

What you do mean you made "36" contributions to SS. Do you know how many quarterly earnings credits you have? I ask because we don't make "contributions" per se, but we do pay SS tax on our earnings, and that is how we earn the credits. Once we have a sufficient number of credits, and if they are recent enough, we may be insured for SSDIB.

Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 11 months ago.

Hello again. It is month end -Please, if you haven't yet had the opportunity to do either of the items below, I ask that you do so now, because itis the only way I can receive credit for time spent with you. Please:

1) Follow up if clarification is needed on our above interaction/Q&A, OR

2) Rate me highly if we are finished for the time being.

If there's more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I canbe of further assistance. It's my goal to provide you with excellent service- to make sure I answered the question you asked about. Please rate mehighly and provide me with feedback. And thanks for understanding how we receivecredit from the Site for contributing our time here!

Sincerely,

StephanieO. Joy, Esq. – Your Online Legal Professional