How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 18091
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I am 58 yrs old, married 26 yrs. husband died 12 yrs ago.

Customer Question

I am 58 yrs old, married 26 yrs. husband died 12 yrs ago. What do I need to see about his social security benifits?
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Phillips Esq. replied 1 year ago.

You can contact Social Security Administration and apply for survivor benefits when you reach age 60 IF you have not remarried. At this time, you are not age eligible to file for his benefits. For more information, click on the links below: