LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

How do I get my wifes 2016 estimqated SS payment notice

Customer Question

Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good morning,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today. In order to give you a clear and concise answer, I will need some additional information about the circumstances, please.

1. I'm confused. Why can't you get the statement online? You say she is not online---what do you mean?

2. Do you need this document today or can you wait a few days to receive it?

Doug

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

I guess what I am asking is whether your wife has access to a computer? Is she there with you?

Doug

Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

It isn't necessary to open a new question to provide additional information. I asked that the second duplicate question be closed so you are not charged an additional fee.

You wrote:

I went online but they don't allow husband to obtain wifes summary. My wife is not computer savy.

I need to get the summary of social security payments and Medicare deductions printed form usually sent in the mail This form has expected SS monthly payments and the Medicare deductions for 2016

Your wife need not be computer savvy and it is fully allowed for you to assist her in opening a My Social Security Account online. While you cannot do it for her with you as her agent, but it is fully allowed for you to have her there with you and open the account with her and at her request---with you doing the typing.

You may get a replacement Benefit Award letter using your online “my Social Security” account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online. You can open your own social security online account and see your earnings statement, estimated retirement benefit and much more, in about 15 minutes through this site:

http://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

Once you are logged in to your account, select the "Replacement Documents".

If you don't want to try to set up an account for her online, then you can call social security at 1-***-***-**** and they can mail you one if you can wait about 10 days.

Finally, you and your wife can go to your local social security office and they can place the order for the Benefit Award letter for you, and again, it will be mailed to you in a week to 10 days.

If you only need an estimate of the benefits for 2016 all you need to do is look at the benefits from this year. Congress did not increase benefits with a cost of living increase for 2016 and so benefits will remain stagnant, and in the same monthly benefit amount as was paid in 2015.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Kindly, remember to rate my service to you. That is how I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best this holiday season,

Doug