Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

I have been disabled since birth and unable too work because

Customer Question

I have been disabled since birth and unable too work because of my disabilities since Winter 2005. I currently live in a Nursing Home and only receive $60 a month. I was told, "Just wait until I turn 55....". The person did not elaborate. I live in the state of Michigan.
If anything does change for me, what is it. Is it good or bad? Or, I didn't understand and nothing changes. I am currently 46.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Do you collect SSDIB? I.e. did you file for SSDIB after you became unable to work in 2005? (SSDIB is Social Security Disability Insurance Benefits - insurance you hopefully bought via your SS tax paying during those years you worked.)

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do receive SSDI. But, because I need more care now than when I worked and when my husband was living, I must live in a nursing home, which take all but $60 per month to cover all my year around living expenses.

OK, I understand, and I am sorry for your difficulties.

Can you please tell how long ago your husband passed?

Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 11 months ago.

Hello again. It is month end -Please, if you haven't yet had the opportunity to do either of the items below, I ask that you do so now, because itis the only way I can receive credit for time spent with you. Please:

1) Follow up if clarification is needed on our above interaction/Q&A, OR

2) Rate me highly if we are finished for the time being.

If there's more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I canbe of further assistance. It's my goal to provide you with excellent service- to make sure I answered the question you asked about. Please rate mehighly and provide me with feedback. And thanks for understanding how we receivecredit from the Site for contributing our time here!

Sincerely,

StephanieO. Joy, Esq. – Your Online Legal Professional