dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

I am blind and have finished my extended period of

Customer Question

I am blind and have finished my extended period of elegibility, so the SSA worker is preparing to end my SSDI benefits. However, this current job has not worked out and I am my employer both agree this job is not a good fit for me and was too much for me "to bite off". Can I continue my SSDI, and will SSA talk to myemployer? Can they get that nosey if they do an investigation? Just wondering, because it was left to me to make the final decision if I wanted to continue with a longer period of probation and risk getting fired if I didn't pass probation, or leave before they had the chance to actually fire me and have that on my record.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Hi, OK, so you were no longer getting SSDIB benefits during your EPE, right? ie. were you earning above SGA, or no?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No thank you. I thought it was $52, not sure why it jumped up to $120. Can we contact each other by email instead?

Yes, some experts, particularly non-attorneys, can opt to have a phone consult with you where you pay the site $52. They can all see your request, but it seems none were able to answer by phone. However, I provide attorney consults, as I am a lawyer in the SS field, not just an information provider, and I don't offer it at that price, through here. Just not feasible. My private rates, still discounted for SS clients, are on my practice site.

But, no worries, we can interact here, or if you need private email, I can ask that that "additional service" button be provided you - at your option of course!