LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

My husband will turn 66 years old on April 12, he plans to

Customer Question

My husband will turn 66 years old on April 12, he plans to continue working. Can he still draw his full social security and work with no penalties?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

Yes, the moment that your husband turns 66 years old, he will qualify for his full retirement benefit and if he chooses, he may also continue to work and earn as much money as he can---and his retirement benefit will not be effected.

Thee re is no penalty for working after full retirement age as there is for working while taking an early retirement benefit.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Kindly, remember to rate my service to you. That is how I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best this holiday season,

Doug