Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

MY WIFE PASSED AWAY HOW DO I CANCEL H ER BENIFITS? SATSUMA

Customer Question

MY WIFE PASSED AWAY HOW DO I CANCEL H
ER BENIFITS?
DICK
SATSUMA ALA
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Good morning Dick,

You can call your local SSA office and then provide them with a copy of your wife's death certificate.

Also, you will want to apply for the $255 death benefit and inquire, depending on your circumstances, on any survivor benefit you may be eligible for. Note that even if eligible for a survivor benefit, you may or may not want to collect it at this time - it is very dependent on many factors. If you wish to review them, I will ask that an additional services option be provided you - although it is only optional and not part of this transaction, so I leave that extra help up to you. If you do decide to inquire on additional survivor benefit oppportunities, there are additional documents you will wish for.

I hope this helps! My goal is to provide you with excellent and accurate service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent" when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, should you have legal questions. Be sure to start future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" if you want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!

Hello again. It is month end -Please, if you haven't yet had the opportunity to do either of the items below, I ask that you do so now, because itis the only way I can receive credit for time spent with you. Please:

1) Follow up if clarification is needed on our above interaction/Q&A, OR

2) Rate me highly if we are finished for the time being.

If there's more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I canbe of further assistance. It's my goal to provide you with excellent service- to make sure I answered the question you asked about. Please rate mehighly and provide me with feedback. And thanks for understanding how we receivecredit from the Site for contributing our time here!

Sincerely,

StephanieO. Joy, Esq. – Your Online Legal Professional