LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

I have been employed since 1986, and paying Medicare taxes

Customer Question

I have been employed since 1986, and paying Medicare taxes while working.
I am enrolled in Medicare since 2012.
could you explain why I need to pay for part A each month $400+?
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

The only reason that anyone has to pay for part A is because they did not have at least 40 credits of social security to qualify for free Medicare Part A. If you did not have the full 40 credits required when you applied, then you would be paying $407 each month for Medicare Part A.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Kindly, remember to rate my service to you. That is how I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2015,

Doug