retirementlawyer
retirementlawyer, Tax Attorney
Experience:  13 years experience in social security
16356563

Morel My husband died last Dec at the age of 59. I will turn

Customer Question

Customer: ***** ***** Morel My husband died last Dec at the age of 59. I will turn 60 next july 2016 and was looking to draw his SS. Can I still do that with the new laws and is that someone I can hire to do all my SS filing so I don't miss any advantage in the TN area
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: did you read above?
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to Social Security Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: yes i'll wait
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: Social Security
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
you still with me?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
hello?
Expert:  retirementlawyer replied 1 year ago.

You would be able to start at age 60 and switch to your own benefits starting at age 70, at age 70 you would receive a higher benefit based upon your work record, if you had enough individual work credits, if you never worked, taking benefits as early as age 60 would reduce them significantly 30% or more, the closer you take them to age 66 the less the penalty

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I would like to find someone I can sit down with to discuss several things do you know anyone in Nashville TN

good luck, and if you have any further questions please do not hesitate to ask. If satisfied with our service please provide us with a positive rating thank you

no, however, it may be best to make an appointment with your local social security office, they will go over in detail your social security details.

you can go to this link and find your local office, if you provide your zipcode, I can get you your local office as well.