Stephanie O Joy, Esq
Stephanie O Joy, Esq, Soc. Sec. Attorney
Experience:  19+ years legal exp. - 10+ years owning/operating her own SSD Law practice.
10805288

My wife deceased in 1960. I currently receive social

Customer Question

My wife deceased in 1960. I currently receive social security. Am I entitled to social security benefits from what my wife contributed?? Thank you.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Hi, do you know if your wife worked enough years to have become "insured" for Social Security Retirement?

Also, how old are you?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
she worked a number of years both full time and part time. I am 83
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
is my response coming thru??
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
this is a rip off to be reported to Yahoo

Excuse me? My apologies but I did not get word that you'd responded. Thank you for doing so. Now, YES, if your wife was insured, then typically as her spouse when she passed (widower), you'd be eligible for a survivor benefit. If that survivor benefit is more beneficial than your own, you can choose to collect it instead, at your option. We can not collect two persons amounts, but we can choose which one to collect, and typically then, that would be the largest. You can learn how much her Primary Insurance Amount is from your local SSA office, which is also where you'd apply for that switch.

I hope this helps! My goal is toprovide you with excellent and accurateservice – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, Iam happy to address follow-up questions.

Kindly rate me "excellent"when you are done. I look forward to assisting you in the future, shouldyou have legal questions. Be sure tostart future posts with "To ***** Esq., ONLY" ifyou want me to specifically answer it.

Sincerely, ***** ***** Joy, Esq.

Your online SS legal resource!

Hello again. It is month end -Please, if you haven't yet had the opportunity to do either of the items below, I ask that you do so now, because itis the only way I can receive credit for time spent with you. Please:

1) Follow up if clarification is needed on our above interaction/Q&A, OR

2) Rate me highly if we are finished for the time being.

If there's more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I canbe of further assistance. It's my goal to provide you with excellent service- to make sure I answered the question you asked about. Please rate mehighly and provide me with feedback. And thanks for understanding how we receivecredit from the Site for contributing our time here!

Sincerely,

StephanieO. Joy, Esq. – Your Online Legal Professional