LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

I want to fill form ssa-2490 benefit retire from France but

Customer Question

Hi I want to fill form ssa-2490 for my benefit retire from France but I has working 29 years over there
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

This program you are applying for only applies if you have not earned enough retirement credits to get a retirement benefit from both the other country and from the US.

Clearly, if you worked 29 years in France you are entitled to the retirement benefit from France. If you have not earned enough credits to get a US social security benefit, this form cannot help you. I am sorry.

I understand that you may be disappointed by the Answer you received, as it was not particularly favorable to your situation. Had I been able to provide an Answer which might have given you a successful legal outcome, it would have been my pleasure to do so.

If you have additional questions, you may of course reply back to me and I will be happy to continue to assist you further until your questions have been answered to your satisfaction.

Would you please take a moment to positively rate my service to you based on the understanding of the law I provided by clicking on the rating stars---three stars or more. It is that easy. That is the way I am compensated for having helped you.

Thank you in advance. I wish you the best in your future,

Doug