LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

How do I know if I have paid in 35 Years of Maximum SS

Customer Question

How do I know if I have paid in 35 Years of Maximum SS payments
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

You will need to look at your social security statement and compare the earnings you has=d each year in those 35 years to the maximum taxable social security income for those years.

If you don't have your statement, you can get it online: Using your online “my Social Security” account. If you don’t already have an account, you can create one online. You can open your own social security online account and see your earnings statement, estimated retirement benefit and much more, in about 15 minutes through this site: http://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

Here is a link to the taxable earnings chart going back to 1937: https://www.socialsecurity.gov/planners/maxtax.html

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Kindly, remember to rate my service to you. That is how I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2015,

Doug