How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask dylatess Your Own Question
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Category: Social Security
Satisfied Customers: 3440
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
Type Your Social Security Question Here...
dylatess is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Letter saying no longer receive SSI benefits. Talk to Ms.

Customer Question

Letter saying no longer receive SSI benefits. Talk to Ms. Mcgee in Desoto County, Ms. She has told me, it had recommended full SSI benefits continue permantly. Donald Burt still goes to dialyses 3 times a wk and must have to live. His SS####-##-#### ***** is an HIV patient with Hep C.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Can you please clarify your question?

Is Donald receiving Social Security Disability? Or is he only receiving the welfare called SSI (Supplemental Security Income), which is NOT Social Security?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I did not realize you were not with SS and am not interested in paying for your guesses, which is what they would be since you have no actual files to pull from.
This is a simple question that only SS could answer, only because they would have an abundance of info (med. records, hosp.records etc) which I have supplied over a six mo. period. I feel I was entirely misled my your offer to help get me the "correct" info directly from SS which I now realize you could not possibly do.
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

This is true - if you are asking for medical records, that is entirely confidentially information within his SS flie. But let's be clear - I did not tell you a stitch of anything, and I certainly did not engage in any offer to help you get the correct info directly from SSA. First, that would mean I agree to represent you, and I certainly do not. But also, I think you may misunderstand this site. I am a social security attorney - this means I am well versed in the rules, laws and regs of Ss. You did NOT pose a single question thus far, and so that is why I asked you what your question was, if you could clarify. Typically, through fleshing out the situation, and because I have been doing SS work for over 13 years, getting the info you left out often provides us the info we need to determine why he may have been discontinued or terminated. But if that is not what you want to know, nor how to fix it, but want to know what his medicals say, yes, I can not help you with that. But I do wish you the best of luck with this. I know it can be very frustrating...

Good luck,