dylatess
dylatess, ATTORNEY
Experience:  37 plus years of SSD practice
29685164

The SS office in Dallas, TX pays no attention to the IRS

Customer Question

The SS office in Dallas, TX pays no attention to the IRS rules for the Additional Medicare Tax according to a person's income. They use no threshold for income; if a person pays a Medicare Tax now, they automatically have to pay more (in my case, double), plus another $36 for drug coverage (I pay a monthly penalty for not enrolling in Plan D when first available, & my Insurance Coverage does not charge for drugs, yet TX is collecting that $36. for someone else.) The SS uses a MAGI standard of income to base what they take from an individual.
My 2013 income was $104,947, yet at year's end, I will have paid $2073.60, whereas, I should not have paid any Additional Medicare Tax because my income was below the threshold amount of $200,000 for an individual.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  Stephanie O Joy, Esq replied 1 year ago.

Can you please site the code section that state's the threshold is $200k? I'd like to take a look at that.