LawTalk, Attorney
Experience:  I have 30 years of legal and litigation experience, including representing clients before the U.S. Social Security Administration.
15277592

Need to change direct deposit of my benefit payment as there

Customer Question

Need to change direct deposit of my benefit payment as there is a new routing number from the bank.
Category: Social Security
Expert:  LawTalk replied 1 year ago.

Good afternoon,

I'm Doug, and I'm sorry to hear of the confusion. My goal is to provide you with excellent service today.

If you already are receiving benefits, you can create a My Social Security Online Account and start or change Direct Deposit online. If you don’t already have an account, you can easily create one. You can open your own social security online account and see your earnings statement, estimated retirement benefit change bank accounts and much more, in about 15 minutes through this site: http://www.ssa.gov/myaccount/

Alternatively, you may change the account the deposit is posted to by calling 1(800) SSA-1213 (1-***-***-****), or you may also visit your local social security office and make the change.

You may reply back to me using the Reply link and I will be happy to continue to assist you until I am able to address your concerns, to your satisfaction.

Kindly, remember to rate my service to you. That is how I am credited for assisting you.

I wish you and yours the best in 2015,

Doug